Thursday, July 1, 2010

Day Eleven

I walked around town today. It hasn't been that long since Charlie and I left, but it seems like everything has changed. Miss Sally's formal shop is just gone - she told me it burned down last year. I bought my wedding dress there...

Mr. Phillips' drugstore is a cafe now. He retired recently, and his son runs the business out of a new, smaller building. Jack's nowhere near as friendly as his daddy was.

There are more people, too. I don't like it. Silver Creek used to be a quiet place.

Mama and Daddy aren't doing too well. I'd hoped this would be a temporary situation, but it looks like we'll be here for a while. And my brother - oh, Luke. I'd hoped he could replace what he stole, but I should've known it wouldn't be that easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment